Wednesday, April 12, 2017

WhatsApp Contact Profile Picture not Publicly Visible Anymore

WhatsApp Contact Profile Picture not Publicly Visible Anymore


Since few days, I noticed that some of my WhatsApp contacts are not having profile pictures, but I noticed one thing these contacts were to whom I never had talk.

After doing a bit Google and some experiments with my WhatsApp contacts, I found that "WhatsApp updated their policies and you cant see profile picture of your contacts if they do not have your number saved in their contacts book."
I do not have any official information about this but I checked this many time by deleting contacts and updating contacts. So maybe this is a short time bug or a lifetime policy change. :P


The Good things:
  • Now you can control who can see your WhatsApp profile picture. You can delete contact if you want to hide your profile picture from that contact.
  • You can know who has you as contact in their contacts book.
The Bad things:
  • Now people can?t see who is the person by only knowing name and number or say last seen time. :D
  • People cannot see even a thumbnail image of profile picture.
  • WhatsApp revealed the originality of friends without giving a chance of saving the contacts.
If you are shocked, so do not fool yourself by believing that this is fake news: :P
Comment and share if you know anything about this.

Available link for download